Spencer Hill Press
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Thank you for considering Spencer Hill Press as a possible home for your book.
We are currently accepting only YA and Adult Contemporary Romance submissions at this time.
Finding the right home for your work takes time and effort, and we are excited to be part of your journey. We do currently accept manuscript submissions but we have a few criteria that we ask you to follow when you submit to us. Failure to follow our submission guidelines may result in rejection of your book. Spencer Hill Press focuses on fiction, particularly YA and Romance. We are not accepting Urban Fantasy or Middle-Grade submissions at this time. We are particularly interested in books that are series. We do not accept manuscripts that are not complete.
How do I submit?
Digital submissions are the only way potential authors or agents can submit. All submissions are accepted through our portal at Submittable only. Simply click on that link, follow directions, fill out the forms and upload your typed manuscript and supporting materials in PDF file format. We do not accept hard copy, faxed, shared link, or on disk submissions.
What should my submission include?
- First review the Submission Guidelines on our website. You may find the FAQs section especially helpful.
- A cover letter with a little bit about yourself and how you came to write the book.
- A synopsis of your book. Keep it direct, simple, and under one page (300 - 400 words).
- The target audience for your book and how you believe your book appeals to that market.
- A list of relevant social media contacts including bloggers, any traditional media and/or organizations that would help in the promotion and publicity of your book.
- Links to your social media and website.
- All of your contact details so we can get back to you.
- A minimum of three sample chapters or 50 pages or you may submit the full manuscript.
Is there any genre you do not accept?
- Educational material
- Middle Grade
- Historical Fiction (unless it is YA or Romance)
- Graphic Novels
When and how will I hear back?
Due to the volume of submissions, response time may take 16 weeks or more. No acknowledgment of receipt will be sent. Submissions will be reviewed in order of receipt, and we will contact you following our review. Spencer Hill Press will not discuss submissions over the phone.
We are looking forward to reading your submission!